Monday 4 March 2013

Last week was not my friend.

Last week left my questioning my decision to move house.

First I was greeted by a hole outside my door (actually my whole street was a hole), and apparently no one felt the need to put any sort of bridge between my door and the part of the road that was still intact. Also apparently it's completely acceptable to ask the person who lives on one side of the hole you just dug to 'jump' to the other side.
Good thing I'm a part-time acrobat.
Good thing I don't wear a pencil skirt to work.
Good thing that I'm not the most likely person to fall into a hole in the ground, IN THE WORLD.

I also forgot my phone that day so I had to go back, and apparently 'you're here a lot aren't you' is an acceptable thing to say to someone who's front door you're digging around. I'm here a lot? This isn't a bar, I live here! What are you doing here? How can you be standing 2 feet from my doorway all day and think it's noteworthy that I come here a lot?

Then I went out on Friday night and got in at 4am and was woken at 9am by what I could only describe as a small fair. Like with cheery music and shit. I've yet to work out exactly where in Brussels this could have been held, but I didn't appreciate it.

Also every time the kettle boils I think it's someone hoovering. Every. Single. Time. Even though the kettle is in my room and I will have switched it on 5 minutes prior to the noise, it always takes me a little bit of time to work out where that noise is coming from.

AND my phone isn't loud enough for me to hear it when I'm outside, but it's so loud that whenever it goes off when I'm at home, I have a little heart attack.
So loud that I smashed a glass in the sink in surprise the last time someone text me.
Because I dropped it - I don't just break glasses when I'm surprised.
That would be an inconvenient reaction to surprise.

That's probably enough complaining for now.
 Apart from having my life ruined by inanimate objects nothing has really happened, but everything's pretty good. So last week wasn't so bad I guess.

If you change the 'e' in pixelated to an 'i' to make it pixilated, then it means to be led astray by pixies. 
Best (incredibly common) typo ever. 

 I just couldn't not share this with you, she is so talented.
xx


2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your week! This week will be better. Nice video. Lovely blog you have here. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! I've followed your blog and I'll check it out when I get back from work! Can't wait to have a look around!

      xx

      Delete