Friday 22 February 2013

Life Lessons

But don't worry, not the-'I can achieve anything if I try'-kind.
Not that I can't achieve anything if I try, just, you know, this isn't Tumblr. 
1. I would rather wash my clothes in the sink than get up and take them to the laundry. Really, I would rather take 4 days to wash/dry my dirty clothes than leave the house and go to the laundrette, pay 3 euros and wait for 2 hours.  I can't decide whether this is impossibly lazy or brilliantly  frugal.

2. In the same vein, I would rather drink black tea than carry milk to the office every day.

3. I cannot be alone. Now, this one I already sort of knew; but after 3 days of self-imposed quarantine this week when I was ill it became painfully clear that I either a) really like other people, or b) can't stand myself. But it did give me a lot of time to hand-wash my clothes...and paint my nails...and put on a face mask...and apparently to have a break down.

4. Almost a year after I left my job, turns out the music they played wasn't so bad after all. If you haven't heard Jamie Lidell or Mayer Hawthorne, then you should. 

5. I don't hate Brussels. Even with its impossible-to-navigate streets, and its weird weather, and that one missing bit of pavement outside the European Parliament that I fall into EVERY TIME. 
 I don't like it either, but the move to indifference has proved much more relaxing.

I also dislike it for very different reasons to the reasons I dislike Bath.  I don't like Bath because it's so nice. It's like if Zooey Deschanel were a small English city; it's incredibly lovely. 
It's so lovely that it bothers me.

I'm going home tonight, have a good weekend everybody.
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment