Monday 10 November 2014

Tiny Victories of the Week.

I'm usually pretty hard on myself when it comes to feeling down, I've seen one too many inspirational Instagram posts and it's left me feeling like every day should be seized with the most positive energy possible and I should end it feeling like I'd conquered Rome. 
Recently though, I've decided to give myself a break. I think I could quite legitimately choose to be incredibly grumpy at the moment and not have to take joy in anything. I certainly don't feel like I'm conquering any days so much as I'm enduring them and still standing at the end.
Hence the title of 'tiny victories'; they are tiny, and fairly mundane successes throughout what has been a very difficult week.

  • Everyone I came into contact with when I was travelling on my own was more than happy to help me. People are really nice if you just ask.
  • My make up lasted all of my 12 hour journey to Maastricht, making me feel a lot less like a stressed mess. At least on the outside.
  • I had a bit of a disaster on Wednesday but it's nothing that can't be fixed and it had the added bonus of acting as a massive wake-up call that I need to return to my super-organised and super-alert self and not let everything that's happening around me make me absent-minded.
  • At a time when I feel like I churn out bad news like there's no tomorrow, everyone who cared for me has continued to do so and not once made me feel uncomfortable about it.
  • Whenever I admitted that I would need some help and that I wasn't coping, I wasn't once made to feel like that wasn't completely fine.
  • One of my dissertation tutees said I helped her feel less stressed about her dissertation.
  • I absolutely love my subject and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life doing it.
  • I've started writing again after a break so long I couldn't call it a hiatus so much as an abandonment.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment