Saturday 18 October 2014

Autumn Digest

This is coming instead of last month's monthly digest, not because I left it too late (I did), but because I thought it would be nice (that too).

As far as I'm concerned this time of year is just the build up to Christmas.
I love that it's cold, I love that I'm either too cold or sweating because I'm wearing so many layers inside. 
I love that all the shops have put their Christmas displays out and everyone's complaining about it. I love that when everyone stops complaining it's an appropriate time to get excited for Christmas. Most of all I love the way everyone looks at this time of year, 
I love layers, and I love the way everyone changes their make-up around now because finally it's cold enough for it not to melt off your face.
I even like that it's dark all the time. That's right, I like that. Not in itself because it means I just want to be in bed for 70% of the day, but because that's when you know that this time of year is coming and I enjoy everything that comes with it.
I don't just like autumn and winter, I like them so much more than I like summer. During the colder months everyone wants to be inside, and it's totally acceptable to plan every activity around the availability of inside space. During summer, even when it isn't hot, everyone wants to be outside all the time. It's like a horrible compulsion to be outdoors even when it isn't hot enough to sit still for an hour and I'd be much happier inside.
I really really like, but also don't understand, the fact that my parents turn the heating up far too high and basically turn the house into the world's best-furnished sauna. 

I really like being able to buy a million jumpers and long-sleeved shirts, and I love that a either a roll-neck or many layers of top and jeans will be my uniform for the next 5 months.



Lots of love
xx











1 comment:

  1. i love everything about autumn/winter too, including the dark! i thought i was the only one to like that aspect haha! lovely post :)

    Elena | A Style Shake

    ReplyDelete