Friday 24 May 2013

Gatsby you are ridiculous.


The bank holidays are over, and yes I know I've had four and I have the day off next Friday as well so I literally have no room to complain, but it's a bank holiday weekend this weekend in the UK and that's still going to be hard to hear about despite the fact I've had all this time off. Almost as hard as watching everyone finish university and being here with a month still to go.

We saw The Great Gatsby and it was...aesthetically it was great and it looked brilliant, seriously the costume department deserve an award. The acting and the set were great as well, as a film it was wonderful, and the soundtrack was awesome. How I feel about it in relation to the book I'm not sure; and for some reason this scene nearly had me in tears laughing:
Also even though I've read the book, seeing the film has really sparked a frustration in me about how elaborate and inefficient his methods to meet Daisy are - like I'm just gonna host loads of parties that no one ever gets invited to but I'm not going to invite you, instead I'm going to invite your cousin who doesn't know who I am, and I'm definitely not going to call you or write, even though I know exactly where you live.

Claire Gillespie, over-rationalising literary texts since 1992.

We saw Iron Man 3 too, and whilst it's no piece of artistic excellence, it was a lot of fun.

And here's my latest article for Student Noodles, although most of you will probably recognise this because I posted it here about 2 months ago: Travelling Woes

Finally I just need to put my two-cents in regarding this 'thigh gap' business.
My thighs are next to each other, it's not weird that they touch most of the time. It would be weird if my hands and ankles touched most of the time; and I'm really glad that isn't something that happens, but I'm not gonna make a Facebook group about it. Overall I'm just not sure how this became a thing or why anyone gives a shit.

A less angry and ranting post next time I promise (maybe). 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment