Friday 3 May 2013

It was my birthday and other things.



It was my birthday! I celebrated turning 21 by going home and getting plenty of sleep and eating too much food. Also a massive thank you to everyone who celebrated with me on the Friday here in Brussels - the perfect start to a perfect weekend. 
So now I give it about 6 months until I stop telling people I'm still 20. 

I started writing here - so not only is that really cool and exciting for me but also I got named their very first blogger of the month, which is just amazing.
It's like good things are happening and I'm not really sure why or how to properly process them.

I dealt with a bee. By which I mean I opened a window and ran to the other side of the room to shout abuse at it.
 So not so much I dealt with a bee, rather that I hid from a bee and vowed never to open my window again.
Then I went for a run and a bee flew into my eye - they say these things are dying out but I just can't agree; from what I can see they're fucking everywhere.

 I started learning new things - sort of. I started watching the series below because sometimes it's nice to learn about something which isn't your degree subject, or your job, or constantly surrounding you via media coverage.

Also May is the month of bank holidays so I've already had a day off this week with another 2 to come next week and then another Monday off after that - Belgium, I'm not sure what you're doing, but I love you right now. So for next week we were trying to plan a trip somewhere, but it turns out planning things is hard and also eurolines was struggling to keep it together when I tried to check coach prices. 

Quick update on this - we finally booked something, we're going to Amsterdam on Friday morning and despite my initial reluctance I am actually very excited.

À bientôt!
xx

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a lovely birthday! Glad things sound like they are going so well, must be a 21 thing as for once we are having synchronized positivity!

    ReplyDelete