Tuesday 16 July 2013

Dressing is hard when it's hot.

Dressing in the summer is hard, I don't know what to do, and I'm so suspicious of the weather in the UK I always carry another layer in my bag just in case. 

So here's a quick list of things I'll be doing, socially acceptable or not, just because it's hot. 
  • Wearing sunglasses on the bus/inside building that are made entirely of glass - because I think it's important that I don't go blind. 
  • Wearing black - because most of my skirts are black, and they're cooler than jeans. 
  • Sunbathing in my bra instead of a bikini top - because they're the same; exactly the same.
  • Wearing tops I used to use as 'for underneath things' tops as 'wear on their own' tops - because I can't be dealing with layers in this heat. 
  • Have my feet on show, even though I think they're awful - because it's hot. 
  • Wearing my hair up all the time/never styling it - because there's so much of it and it makes my head so warm and I don't want to put hot things near me either.
  • Having an uneven tan - because I move around a lot when I'm sat down and it just happened.
  • Wearing the same outfits every week - because I was born and raised in Northern England, and as a result my summer wardrobe is not extensive.
More OOTDs: 

Top: New Look
Jeans: ASOS
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins
Watch: Casio
Shirt: A freebie from Cayla's wardrobe
Top: New Look
Shorts: Urban Outfitters

Top: New Look
Skirt: White Label at TK Maxx
Necklace: Urban Outfitters

In other news I baked some scones today, from a recipe which was apparently 'perfect for unexpected guests' as it can be ready in '20 minutes'. 
Now I've got to take issue with this, mainly because 10 minutes of those 20 are meant to be when the scones are in the oven, and it definitely takes longer than 10 minutes to prepare everything in this recipe. 
But also I don't know who these 'unexpected guests' are, or why I'm baking for them; because if people just appeared at my door I would not be running off to make them scones, and I don't think I'd need to.

Either I'd know them well enough to not want to be absent for 20 minutes to pointlessly bake scones, or I don't know them that well and why have they arrived at my house unannounced and  I'm definitely not running some sort of middle-class soup kitchen.  

And that's all for now, I'm going to see Taming of the Shrew at Kirkstall Abbey tonight, so the weather is very welcome, and I'm taking scones. 
Pre-prepared scones for an entirely pre-prepared occasion.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment