Thursday 11 July 2013

Everything under £5

I'm going to be honest; I have bad skin. 
I always have, not just on my face, on my shoulders and back as well.
It's been like that since I was about 13; I've tried basically every skincare product ever sold. 
I'm still trying them now, but I have formed one very stringent rule about what I will and won't put on my face; it can't cost over £5. 
Not my face wash, not my make up, nothing. 
Because it's pointless, for me at least, how expensive the product is has never once made it work any better than anything else. I think I thought for a while that that was why I still had bad skin, because I couldn't afford anything more expensive than the brands they stock in supermarkets. 
Numerous birthday and Christmas presents have taught me otherwise; expensive skincare products might look better, but there's a limit to what the same ingredients in a different bottle can do.

So this is what I use:
Simple Moisturiser & Toner: 
 I couldn't recommend the Simple products enough, for starters this is probably the only moisturiser I've ever owned to not make my skin break out, and the toner also smells lovely. 
I usually make my own toner with Tea Tree oil and water but these were on a BOGOF offer at Tesco.
I also broke the bottle for my toner on the train to Edinburgh when my bag nearly fell on my head. 
Superdrug Tea Tree Facial Scrub:
 This facial scrub was a Christmas stocking filler - so yes, my skin is actually that difficult, I must have received at least 10 products aimed at my skin for Christmas last year (just from my family, no one else would ever be so rude). 
This is easily the best face scrub I've ever used and I see the difference every time. My face feels clean and washed without being dry or red from the exfoliating.  Awesome. 
Natural Collection Tinted Moisturiser:
£1.99. 
I could leave it there, but this is really good. In all honesty it doesn't cover skin anywhere near as effectively as actual foundation, but it makes enough of a difference for me to walk out of the door when I'm having a bad skin day and it doesn't make my skin any worse. 
Which is all I ask for really. 
Boots lipsalve:
Exactly the same as the Nivea equivalent. Half the price. 

And...this weeks OOTD's

T-shirt: A present from actual New York (thanks Emily)
Shorts: Urban Outfitters
Necklaces: Accessorize (another lovely present - thanks Elle)
Top: New Look
Skirt: Primark (sort of solving the printed trousers issue)
Crop Top: Hearts & Bows at Ark
Skirt: TK Maxx
Bag: Accessorize

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment