Friday 5 July 2013

The curse of patterned trousers.

 I can't wear patterned trousers.
I can wear them in the usual sense, I can put them on, I can figure out how to wear trousers. 
But I won't wear them; because as soon as I put a pair on I'm transformed into an out of proportion, weirdly-heighted figure. I'm rendered completely unrecognisable from the waist down. 
I still keep trying though, at every opportunity I drag friends to the changing rooms and make them awkwardly sugar-coat the phrase 'that makes you look ridiculous'. Luckily for them I already know I look ridiculous. If it goes on my bottom-half and it isn't monochromatic; I always look ridiculous.
I'm convinced I just haven't found the right pair; so watch this space.

For those of you who don't have such a crisis, here are some of my favourites:
 Topshop
 Nasty Gal
 ZARA
 Ralph Lauren
Vero Moda

And here is a quick round up of this weeks OOTDs:
Shirt: Blue Rinse
Skirt: Hearts & Bows at Ark
Tights: Marks & Spencer
Lace jumper: New Look
Leggings: River Island
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins 
Dress: Glamorous at Ark
Tights: Marks & Spencer
Necklace: Ark
Bracelet: Topshop
Rings: H. Samuel (top), Vintage Market in Brussels (bottom)

All this and more to come on my Instagram: @clairegillesp

And some recommendations: 
The Dukes of Bevington - These boys are playing a gig in Harrogate on Sunday, but if (like me) you can't make it you should check out their EP Deux.

World War Z - Probably the best zombie film I've ever seen. Definitely the only zombie film I've ever seen with an actual plot. Still not sure what the point of the bikes is though.

The Botanist, Leeds - Beautifully decorated, nice staff, about as pricey as you'd expect.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment