Tuesday 15 July 2014

Glastonbury!


This is before I started to look like I hadn't showered in three days, and also before it started raining. 
Dress - Motel @ Ark
Bag - Next
Wellies - Dunlop
Sunglasses - Primark

I'd been to a few festivals before going to Glastonbury this year, including Leeds and T in the Park, and I can honestly say that Glastonbury is by far my favourite. Before we get to the acts and entertainment it is the nicest location and despite the amount of litter you can see me there it's actually the cleanest festival I've ever been to, especially in the camping areas. The people we encountered were so respectful and friendly, especially when it rained and copious amounts of water attacked the plastic sheets we'd made into home for the weekend. I'd also like to apologise to the girl whose tent we tried and failed to help put up. 

Now onto the acts. Dolly Parton, who everyone knows came out of the weekend as the nicest, funniest woman to have ever made music, was just as wonderful as I expected her to be and I could have listened to her sing 9 to 5 all weekend. Blondie was the coolest woman in the world as always and made me miss the days when I sported a blonde bob. Deltron 3030 got Jamie Cullum on stage and it was like someone had taken my music taste and put it onto West Holts. It felt like Lana Del Ray sang 'Born to Die' 15 times. I saw Goldfrapp and it was everything I dreamt it would be, confirming my undying love. Haim gave me both hair and talent/career envy which was at the same time great to watch but also caused an inner crisis.

During the day we experienced an interview with Greenpeace CEO and a remembrance hour for Tony Benn, which made me very sad that I never got to see him speak at the festival or elsewhere. A girl in front of me took a video selfie throughout the entire Blondie set and I made lots of uncomfortable eye contact with the camera. We ate a lot of Cornish pasties, drank many cups of tea and slept copious amounts and I loved it all. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment