Saturday 19 July 2014

Weekly Digest

FASHION

Attempting to get a nice OOTD picture but in fact ending up with a picture where my hair looks like it's eating my face. Embarrassingly enough my sandals, jeans and top are all from Topshop, and my bag and necklace (below) are both from Next. 


This is easily my favourite piece of jewellery at the moment. I love wearing jewels with casual daytime outfits especially when (as above) I'm not really wearing any colour or prints.

BEAUTY
And this is what I'm using make-up wise at the moment: 
Max Factor Mini Effects in Cappuccino
Maybelline Dream Pure BB in 01 Light 
Sleek Blush in Suede

I've yet to try the BB Cream out properly as I've spent the last few days since I bought it doing not very much at all and, as a result, not putting on any make up. As soon as I resume my social life I'll get back with a full review. The Sleek Blush is possibly my favourite blusher yet, I adore their powders and this, despite looking a little orange in the light, is the most perfect natural colour for everyday wear.

LIFE
This week I finished reading Ray Bradbury's Farenheit 451 (5/30 by the end of 2014), it was great - I've done a more extensive review of over on Student Noodles along with a post on British festivals so please go and check those out. I also watched The Purge and it was so much better than I imagined it would be and had the wonderful effect of making me feel very unsafe in my own home. I'll definitely be seeing the sequel in the next few weeks.
I got GoodReads for all of fifteen minutes, rated some books, got some recommendations, then decided I didn't want to a) have another social media outlet to maintain and b) have such a measured approach to reading.
I also spent all of yesterday waiting for a courier from Music Magpie who never materialised. If you were my courier, please get in touch, I'm worried about you. Also, there are boxes in my hallway which are starting to annoy me with their presence. It would appear that I am not alone however as, judging by their customer services Twitter feed, many-a Music Magpie courier has gone missing; maybe they've all run off together to join the circus, maybe they've gone to find themselves in a remote part of the world, who knows. Wherever they were, they certainly weren't anywhere near my house between the hours of 8am and 8pm yesterday.

Finally, I've started looking for a job, desperately looking for a job. You might imagine that given entire days to do nothing at all I can sit here just typing away to my heart's content being super-productive and writing 4 or 5 posts a day. You would be wrong. Without any structure to my day what I do instead is write maybe 300 words and then take a work-sized break in the middle of the day until I panic in the evening realising I've achieved nothing, at which point I sit back down and finish whatever I started in the morning. On top of the fact I'm less productive without any sort of routine or proper activity, I'm also watching far too much TV, namely Come Dine With Me. I just can't watch another host be told off for using a bread maker to make their bread, or for not having the foresight to personally raise their chicken from an egg.

xx

2 comments:

  1. I love that necklace! Did you watch the first or the second part of The Purge? Because I've been hearing that the 2nd part is way better. Would you want to check out my blog and follow me on bloglovin & gfc (I follow back instantly),

    xx,
    http://trendythursday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The first part but hopefully I'll be seeing the second part soon! I loved the first part so if the second part is better then I'm very excited! I'll check it out and follow you now :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete