Sunday 28 September 2014

Weekly Digest

STARTING UNI...AGAIN
This week was probably the strangest of my life. I never ever expected to feel so overwhelmed and frightened and nervous in the city that's been my home for 22 years; but that's how I felt on Tuesday finding my way through Leeds University campus.
Luckily I had nothing to worry about, I've so far managed to find everything okay, I feel ready to work, and I even made friends (I hope) and that fear has now partially transformed into excitement for the coming year.
In honour of my being about to embark upon 12 months of very hard work I celebrated today by not getting out of bed until 11am, only leaving the house to buy food and the comfiest pair of sweatpants in the known world, and then taking a 4-hour nap.
Sweatpants - F&F at Tesco

Real-time update: I'm still in bed watching the X Factor right now.
Only partially, I'm obviously still absolutely terrified - more on that in a post next week.
Also this is what I wore on my first day: 
Scarf - H&M
Blazer - ASOS
Top - American Apparel
Lips - Kate Moss for Rimmel

RECOMMENDATIONS
Over the past week some really exciting and interesting posts have come out of the blogging community. Here are some I'd really recommend you take a look at:

Tales of an 'ugly' beauty blogger by Zoe London: http://www.zoelondon.me/2014/09/tales-of-ugly-beauty-blogger.html
Zoe tackled something here that I don't think anyone talks about enough in the beauty community, the problem of looking different in an industry which appears obsessed with 'classic' beauty. This is well worth a read for anyone who has ever felt they just don't look the 'right' way to fit in, wherever that may be.

5 things I'm not allowed to say by Scarphelia: http://www.scarphelia.com/2014/09/5-things-im-not-allowed-to-say-30-days-7.html
This article is so on point I'm not even going to try and summarise it; I was just nodding the entire way through.

Things to keep in mind by Milk Bubble Tea: http://milkbubbletea.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/things-to-keep-in-mind.html
A really nice, uplifting Sunday evening read which made me feel a lot better after an exhausting week. 

Lots of love, see you soon! 
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment