Saturday 29 June 2013

BEDIJ #29

We're just going to have to imagine photo of the day today because I'm doing this on a phone I haven't fully worked out how to use yet...

My bag is heavy. I know how to pack lightly, and I know how to pack this bag, but no matter how hard I tried, it seemed nothing could prevent it from putting an amount of weight on my upper body that I’m just not built to carry. 

I’m so glad only my family are coming to meet me at the other end of this journey because I literally look disgusting. That’s not there to fish for compliments; I can just feel a look on my face that says I’m tired and miserable and even thinking about having a conversation is too draining for me. No one looks good like that. 

What times like this have taught me is that I’ve really got my own back. At first when I saw I had to walk a whole five carriages down the platform, I was disappointed in myself and my seating choice. But Past Claire had a plan, and as a result of her vigilance, I’m sat in the carriage next to the food carriage, I have a seat to myself and I’m next to the luggage rack. 

Present Claire however, finds it impossible to get on at the right end of the carriage any time she takes a train journey, so as a result her luggage is in the other set of luggage racks. 

It doesn’t matter though. I don’t need to be close to my luggage. I do need a cup of tea and yoghurt.
Present Claire also appears to have packed her bag slightly lopsided, so I’m hitting everything within a 4 inch radius of my left-hand side. Nice work Present Claire, nice work.

I then went on to have the most beautiful evening, hope you had a wonderful 21st Pippa! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment